Enduro Jacket

I wonder what is your favorite enduro jacked? Is Gortex really so vented that it does not make you sweat. Do you guys use jacket or jersey on long 3-5 days races?

10x for any inputs!

Sabin

ive just brought a new fox enduro jacket and it seems to work pretty good

I have an acerbis jacket that the sleves zip off of to turn it into a vest. As a vest, it woks great for when it's hot. When it gets cold or starts to rain, just zip the sleves on and go. It does need to be water-proofed though.

I've had my MSR gortex jacket for over 15 years, still holding strong!

Maybe scotchguard it a couple of times to help keep the water out!

I also have an MSR gortex jacket, and I'm very happy with it. I recently got to inspect and try on a KTM Touring Adventure Jacket, that was made of 500D Cordura. It had removable linings, lots of pockets, leather inserts, and shoulder and elbow pads built in. It came with a matching pair of pants. It was VERY nice, and I was tempted to buy it, until I saw the price tag. :)

I thought that the MSR ISDE gore tex was the more expensive jacket one could buy.

1_)Is that the one you have?

2_)How much more expensive was the KTM?

I'm planning to buy the MSR ISDE jacket and pants, is it really waterproof?

Thanks

I use an MSR "Activent Blitz " - I like it because its fairly light and folds up into a fanny pack. That's a big deal to me - I often start a ride when its cold and end up too hot later on to have a jacket on. I also have used it for mountain biking in rainy conditions. It has held up. I don't think it has much gortex - it uses zip vents all over and they work well. I paid about $200 US for it.

I have a Thor Ride 2. Its Water proof with a fleece removable liner with zippers under the armpits and in the back to let heat out. Also can wear the fleece vest alone.

Its great. I got that and Thor Windchill gloves for $137.00

:)

I have a MSR pro? gore-tex jacket. I've had it about 10 years, still looks/works great. Mine has zippered vents under the arms and across the back. It works good on cool , wet days. It's not warm enough for really cold days, and it's too hot on warm days if I am riding hard. It's great on the street, for those cool rides home after the ride. I have been looking at getting a new jacket like one made by Moose. The jacket can be folded into it's own fanny pack. I think this would be the best of both worlds.