'08 YZ450F sprocket size?

Ok. I can't remember, less teeth means quicker/harder take off and faster speeds, and more is softer more grunty take off right?

Less teeth on the front sprocket will give you more snappy power with a lower top speed and more teeth on the front would give you a slightly more sluggish accelleration but more top speed.

For the rear sprocket it works opposite of that.

One tooth on the front sprocket is roughly equivalent to 3-4 teeth on the rear.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I bought one and the design is much different from the stock one. I was having problems with my countershaft sticking. But that was all due from my collar missing. I still think the design is wrong for the bike, I went with a Renthal rear 50T and a TAG metals 13T front. It works awesome for me now.

If you don't like the bog off the bottom end, just use a 50T instead of the 49T stock rear. It helps.

why? (I have ne I was going to use)

Thx:thumbsup:

Derek had a Renthal front that was incorrect:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7661373#post7661373

The inner face of the sprocket needs to look like the Yamaha cog at left. The sprocket at right may not work due to interference with the dust shield on the seal. My response explains.

Hey guys,

what is the standard number of teeth on the front/rear sprockets on the YZ450F 2008? I think the service manual says 13/49 (or 49/13, i know the bigger one is the back). Also, what size do you run?

stock on a 08 is 13/48. I went up two teeth to a 50, and love it. I do shift more but the guys can't keep up with me in the corners.?

thanks guys!!!!! I see what you mean. For whatever reason on the Renthal applications list on the sprocket package they only say to 07 for the yz450F but they do say to 08 for the YZF450. I mentioned this to the parts guy but he told me it would be the same and work. It is definitely notched on both side so I have ordered a moose instead.

Thanks for saving me the agony!!!!