HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ace402

Stainless oil filter

11 posts in this topic

i have been using ready racing stainless filter on my 08 450f since after break in. i have 50 hrs. on it and have no problem, cleaning fliter every thrid oil change. only thing that i dont like is i have to loosten head pipe to get to it, drd. pipe sits lower than stock to allow radiator lowering kit to work.

Are the other brands that are out there just as good? Are there any quality issues with the other brands?
Not in my opinion, no.

CRT's have less filter media in them, and the seams are folded, not welded. The Allen screw that holds the bypass valve together can come loose.

Ready is made the wrong length, so it crushes slightly when using the stock cover. Their cover has problems with improperly cut O-ring grooves, leaking, smaller than stock oil passages, and lacks a tab to prevent the oil filter from being installed backward.

The Scotts is still the best one you can get, and it's worth the money. IMO.

1 person likes this

though i havent had any problems with my Ready filter and cover except i do have to be careful of O-ring now and then when installing, just thought that was part of it, after reading gray's reply i might just switch.

i have the Scotts and its probably the best one you can get, and it's worth the money. IMO. its asome just cleaning and then put it back in, no more going to the store to buy a new one every oil change. oh and i got my friend to get one to...