Front sprocket nut

Can't budge it!

Applied some heat of small torch, back brake on and wedged against the wall with an extended socket wrench and nothing budges.

It is a normal thread and not a left handed thread isn't it?

Gonna have to get a grinder on it otherwise :)

No, it's your run-of-the-mill right handed thread nut.

Got an impact driver?

Better still a rattle-gun (air impact driver).

They should loosen it.

Greg

Lots of leverage and some WD-40 should get it loose, or an impact wrench as said above, if that don't get it off then break out the grinder.

Austin

soak it in wd-40 and a breaker bar. (if impact doesn't work)

i would try that before you broke out the grinder.

Rattle Gun (Impact gun) I have a Milwaukee electric one and it is by far one of the most used tools I have.... not on the bike much but just had to replace hubs on the truck this weekend and the job took half the time with it:thumbsup:

Anyway, a rattle gun will have that nut off in about 2.5 seconds:ride:

Rattle Gun (Impact gun) I have a Milwaukee electric one and it is by far one of the most used tools I have

I'm with you Don.

I reckon my rattle gun was the best $100 I ever spent.

Man, does it save some heartache!

Greg

Don't use WD-40. Glazes and creates a mess in the future. Use JB Blaster or Kroil and let it soak over night. Impact gun will take it right off. Should never need to grind it off. Anti-seize it back on and you should never have a problem in the future.

I just put the bike in gear get on the right side hold the rear brake down with a foot. Reach over the bike with a breaker bar and a 3 foot pole and she comes off real easy

use wd-40 it will get into the threads and loosen up whatever is holding it in. works fro rusted bolts too

you would be better off using a penetrating oil rather than wd-40. Wd-40 is not a penetrating oil the wd stands for water displacement. Soak it over night and get it nice and hot with a heat gun, not a torch, someone probably put red threadlock on it.

you would be better off using a penetrating oil rather than wd-40

I agree, wd is not bad but a real penetrating oil just works better.

Isn't there a locking tab on the washer behind the nut that is folder over onto the nut to keep it from moving. If this wasn't straightened the nut isn't going anywhere.

Just a thought...on my 636 I forgot out this tab and after bending it back, the electric impact got it off very quickly.