HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mc1hd

Chain Help

22 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me the difference between the did vt and the vt2 chain. Only thing I have found is price.

Not sure what brand that is but in DID chains there is a ERT and ERT2 and the ERT2 is heavier duty than the ERT. ERT=250f ERT2=450f. Hope this helps.

It's made by DID and is a narrow T ring chain, comes stock on crfx and wr's. I would like a longer lasting chain for my yz450f, currently running a did ert2. Probably could run the x ring but was told at the shop where I got the bike not to run a chain any wider than the piece of sh*t that came on it. Here is the link http://www.didchain.com/offroad.htm

I run Regina ORN6 chains exclusively, and they are not a particularly narrow sealed chain. I have no chain trouble.

DID No thanks! I am a medium rider but my DID chain after 125hr now is bad.

I had to adjust the Drive chain slack after each ride. I even had to take out a link from it. So I will never buy DID chain again.120$ to much for it.

I had to adjust the Drive chain slack after each ride. I even had to take out a link from it. So I will never buy DID chain again.120$ to much for it.

So you got 125hrs out of a chain and sprocket kit? No wonder you think it isn't worth it you are just cheap. No offense. When I was running DID ERT2's I was lucky to get 40hrs out of them.

I run Regina ORN6 chains exclusively, and they are not a particularly narrow sealed chain. I have no chain trouble.

What is your opinion on those chains do they last as long as the Xrings out on the market?

You want a 520 chain, 120 link and then cut it down. So nobody can give me any information about the did vt and vt2?

You want a 520 chain, 120 link and then cut it down. So nobody can give me any information about the did vt and vt2?

Didn't you read my post????????? I run an xring no problem!

lol thats alot of hours.

my did v have about 30 hours, i hope to get 30 more before it die.

lol thats alot of hours.

my did v have about 30 hours, i hope to get 30 more before it die.

ya a LOT of hours thats what I'm sayin!

What is your opinion on those chains do they last as long as the Xrings out on the market?
I get 1.5 - 2 years service out of mine. Don't pressure wash any sealed chain. Use a low tack chain lube that will wash off with Simple Green and low pressure water, and you'll be set.

Didn't you read my post????????? I run an xring no problem!

Yes I read your post, did you read mine? I started this thread to see if anyone had any experience with the did vt and vt2 chains.

I get 1.5 - 2 years service out of mine. Don't pressure wash any sealed chain. Use a low tack chain lube that will wash off with Simple Green and low pressure water, and you'll be set.

Ya My chain lube isn't washing off with simple green what are you using as far as chain lube

Ya My chain lube isn't washing off with simple green what are you using as far as chain lube
Maxima Synthetic Chain Guard. All of it won't necessarily come off, but it doesn't have to.

Finally found some information on the vt2, it's a narrow x-ring compared to the vt narrow t-ring. Ordered one and hopefully it will work as expected, still have to run a rivet style clip though.

Gray, I ran a regina orn6 for last 4 yrs, of course last 2 hasn't included much riding, but just broke it at an arenacross track (maybe it was already cracked? not sure how/why it broke). I split time between trail and track. my question is, do you know how much added weight and drag the oring chain has over a non oring like the renthal R1 or ERT2? Im trying to decide if wear time is worth a trade off for smoother, quicker drive. Thanks.