HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThumpDR

Stranger Needs XR Jetting

9 posts in this topic

As you can see from my signature I ride a DRZ400 but I'm helping a buddy out with his 1991 XR600. It is bone stock and lethargic. Since he is not technical I told him I'd open the airbox up, add a pipe and re-jet it for him.

I have the White Brothers Pro-Meg pipe picked out and I was wondering if anyone here has the jetting recipe that will work best for riding at 0'-4500'. I searched the archives but couldn't find a combo for this pipe and altitude.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks. I called Baja Designs and they set me up with the 68 Pilot and a seemingly huge 165 main. Is that Main too big for this bike? The Scott Summers site says to use a 155. Who should I go with on this?

I would think the 165 would be too rich. I would try both a 155 and a 158 and see which one works best for you. They should be pretty close to what you need. As for the pilot jet, a 65 or 68 should be about right.

I run a 70 pilot with 158 main, needle in center position and 2 and 1/4 turns out with Uni filter,airbox opened up and stock exhaust with no engine mods. Over 4000' elevation I switch to a 155 main. Hope this helps.