HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spidennis

mellow out the 2stroke-ish power hit ?

10 posts in this topic

I got a friend that has a 05WR450f which I had the chance to ride today. I'm considering buying it possibly ..... Aside from the stock yz bars on it that I didn't at all like, it had a bit of a stumble off idle right before the 2stroke-ish type power hit. Is there any way to mellow out that "hit" so it's smoother?

I got a friend that has a 05WR450f which I had the chance to ride today. I'm considering buying it possibly ..... Aside from the stock yz bars on it that I didn't at all like, it had a bit of a stumble off idle right before the 2stroke-ish type power hit. Is there any way to mellow out that "hit" so it's smoother?

It probably just needs to be jetted correctly, and possibly 'un-corked'.

you felt a "hit" on a 450? He must have change the cams or something. My 05 is strong and powerful, but there is no hit.

Do you have it jetted and piped? You will remove a lot of that stumble. Also, don't be afraid to rev that thing. It will love you for it.

Keep in mind... its a 450. Its going to really move when you twist the throttle. Smaller bikes are about clutch control, 450's are about throttle control.

he had a different pipe on it, then went back to stock but he didn't rejet it, yet anyway. it has stock cams, and it's all stock except for the free mods.

he had a different pipe on it, then went back to stock but he didn't rejet it, yet anyway. it has stock cams, and it's all stock except for the free mods.

it's probably a jetting issue. The only 4 stoke I've tried that had somewhat of a "hit" was a yz400f. All the others have a solid and linear powerband.

I had an '04 and the upper mid range hit pretty hard, but not what I would call 2 stroke. It was actually stronger, because it had a bunch of torque to go with it :)

Actually sounds like the off idle bog in first gear, which is low.

yeah, it was in first gear, or maybe second? I'm not sure now but the thing to do is mess with the jetting and see what happens. also to put another set of bars on it asap.

Do the AP mod. Its sounds like the AP is not squirting enough gas when you first drop the throttle.