Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the_len_dig

Yfz 450...r1 Swap!!!

8 posts in this topic

I seen r1 and r6 motors dropped into banshee's and raptors on youtube,I just got a 2004 yfz 450 with a blown motor and I also found a 2002 R1 fuel injected bike at a salvage place for $1500,I'm sure I can get it to work,has anyone seen this done to a yfz 450?Thanks.

I seen r1 and r6 motors dropped into banshee's and raptors on youtube,I just got a 2004 yfz 450 with a blown motor and I also found a 2002 R1 fuel injected bike at a salvage place for $1500,I'm sure I can get it to work,has anyone seen this done to a yfz 450?Thanks.

DUDE DO IT!

EDIT: I saw a video where someone did this and I am pretty sure it was in a yfz 450

that would be a sweet bike but not pratical for anything othe than hill climbs and mabe dune ridding. Just extend the swingarm and your off to the hills.

that would be a wheely machine, maybe take a while to get used to the power to wait ration and learn how to keep the front wheel down

a guy here on tt did it with a 1000cc yamaha motor, it may have been an r1, or something a little older, he dropped it into an atc chassis, he did kind of a hack-job, and based off the vid he posted after it wasn't even remotely practical to ride, with a heavier motor, tall gearing and waaaaay too much power to be ridable

but don't get me wrong i am the king of impractical, and unecesarrily expensive bike projects but i don't want to thread-jack

do it! i have built 4 r1 raptors and 2 r1 banshees. way to fun not to do it! what kind of riding do you do?