HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barry450

YZ plastics on 05 WR

10 posts in this topic

Right guys,

I have searched but can't find the specific answers.

I believe Acerbis does a YZ rear fender that fits right on the WR, with cut outs already for water res etc(see I searched), is this a special part or simply their standard YZ replacement rear fender??

Basically I want new plastics all round but an Acerbis Supermoto front fender and YZ rear fender, but would be happy with WR side panels. However do the rest of the YZ plastics fit on ok as this would mean just buying an Acerbis YZ kit and then Supermoto front fender.....

Hope this makes sense :)

Right guys,

I have searched but can't find the specific answers.

I believe Acerbis does a YZ rear fender that fits right on the WR, with cut outs already for water res etc(see I searched), is this a special part or simply their standard YZ replacement rear fender??

Basically I want new plastics all round but an Acerbis Supermoto front fender and YZ rear fender, but would be happy with WR side panels. However do the rest of the YZ plastics fit on ok as this would mean just buying an Acerbis YZ kit and then Supermoto front fender.....

Hope this makes sense :)

for your 05, you can buy 03-05 yz plastics and be fine (a side from the wr side panel on for the air box side)

even if the yz rear fender doesnt come pre cut for the coolant over flow...it takes 10 seconds to cut it out.

I got the WR cut rear fender. I would recommend getting that so you don't have to cut but it is not that hard to cut if you had to.

So all other plastics fit without modification, if that's the case I will just buy a YZ Acerbis kit and if I have to cut the rear slightly that's fine.

Thanks guys.

So all other plastics fit without modification, if that's the case I will just buy a YZ Acerbis kit and if I have to cut the rear slightly that's fine.

Thanks guys.

just buy the wr kit...it will come with the yz rear fender

just buy the wr kit...it will come with the yz rear fender

So the Acerbis WR kit doesn't come with a standard style WR fender for tail light? Is that 100%?

hello i put a yz fender on my wr a couple of years back but took it back off since it was fading (every acerbis /aftermarket fades :) )

i have the fender hanging on my wall would u like a picture of the cutouts?