HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ham426f

WR people!!!!

20 posts in this topic

i need some recommendations for new tires for my 02 wr 426f, i ride on road, woods and thats pretty much it, something that lasts, and has good grip on dirt! thanks for any help

19 rear

21 front

i need some recommendations for new tires for my 02 wr 426f, i ride on road, woods and thats pretty much it, something that lasts, and has good grip on dirt! thanks for any help

19 rear

21 front

Maxxis Desert IT rear

Maxxis SI front

That's my setup for the desert and mountains in the west. Not sure how that combo would work in the woods.

Did you change out your rear rim? If you have a WR, the stock rear is an 18". Probably just a typo but double check before you buy. As far as tires go I agree with SXP. I have been using the Maxxis IT's for the last year with good results. Not D.O.T. approved but it will take some road miles. Another good rear tire is the Dunlop 952 and 739 A.T.

Did you change out your rear rim?

I didn't but i believe someone must have bc it def has a 19 inch. I have a street bike as well, i just will use the bike in winter and some play in summer on road, but primary riding will be off road this year.

so i have 48 views, and only two people have opinions on tires on there bikes other than me, all i wanna know is what tires your all running, is that a secret?:)

thanks for those who respond!!

what is wrong with all of the wr riders, i have had so many views with little responses??? what gives?:)

Maxxis Desert IT in back but I am continuing to try different fronts. I have tried the Maxxis IT front mainly for its resistance to the pinch flat. This has led to a resistance to steering in the correct direction in the soft stuff:foul:

Street legal or dirt only??? Non DOT-Dunlop 739 IT Dunlop 756, Maxxis Desert ITfor rear- Dunlop 756 front. DOT- Kenda Parker DT front and rear- they appear to be the same as a Woshugal but legal . Recently installed only street use large spacing between knobs; they may chunk in rocks

Street legal or dirt only??? Non DOT-Dunlop 739 IT Dunlop 756, Maxxis Desert ITfor rear- Dunlop 756 front. DOT- Kenda Parker DT front and rear- they appear to be the same as a Woshugal but legal . Recently installed only street use large spacing between knobs; they may chunk in rocks

How have you like the Parker DT on the back? I was thinking about giving that a try next time around.

How have you like the Parker DT on the back? I was thinking about giving that a try next time around.

Good so far. Only a few street miles so far. I think it will work really well in sandy, desert terrain. I wanted the most agressive DOT tire I could get. Check the "Post your WR pics here". There are some pics -last page.

I run a Pirelli MT-21 on the front and a Dunlop D606 on the rear. Both are DOT tires and have worn and worked very well on my dual sported WR426. I plan on replacing them with exactly the same when the time comes.

Maxxis desert IT on the back, Dunlop 952 on the front. I had tried the Maxis IT and SI on the front and was pretty happy with the SI until I tried the 952. World of difference!

Maxxis desert IT on the back, Dunlop 952 on the front. I had tried the Maxis IT and SI on the front and was pretty happy with the SI until I tried the 952. World of difference!

Do u ride on the road much?

Your getting so few replies due to the fact that if you do a "tire recommendations" search you will get 475 threads to read through to get every opinion on the planet. However since you asked, for woods riding I like the Pirrelli MT44 front and a dirtshark rear and for the street I like my FZ1 with the Bridgestone Battalax tires :) WR Dave

i have a wr426 and have tried the maxis tyres,very good but i have found a differant combo with bridgestone gritty edge on the front and mitas co2 on the rear, have found that combo works better for me and also run on tarmac and woodland/sand/plenty of logs ,- loads of grip

Do you care if they are DOT approved? If not you can't beat Maxxis Desert IT rear

Maxxis SI front! They last longer than anything out there and will save you tons of $$!

Do u ride on the road much?

Yup, a fair amount. We do lots of so cal Dual Sport rides that typically have a bit of pavement. Also, I ride to work occasionally in the warmer months. The combo lasts OK, and while it's not as confidence inspiring as true streat treads, they do all right.