Valve check on 07 wr450

I've decided to do the valve check myself and have taken most everything off. Do I need to take off the two engine mounts on the top ?

Hey guys, I had to use a bar but I was able to get the bolts off. I have no idea why the mounts were put on so tight. Maybe the mechanic who did the last valve check for me used air.

they probably had some loctight on them , or the old alluminum vs steel = fusion .

i usually put never seize on those bolts , never had them come loose .

There should be a white chalky substance on the threads of the bolts.

The first time I removed the mounts it took alot of effort. Even torqued to spec it took alot of effort the second time. I'm convinced its the white chalky substance on the threads.

There should be a white chalky substance on the threads of the bolts.

The first time I removed the mounts it took alot of effort. Even torqued to spec it took alot of effort the second time. I'm convinced its the white chalky substance on the threads.

the white chalky stuff is the zinc coating off the bolts corroding in the aluminum unlike metals tend to fuse together .

Yes, there is a lot of the white stuff on the bolts. I will put a bit of neversieze on them. Could you guys tell me what sealent you use on the head cover gasket? Maybe R.T.V. silicone ? And the good news is my valves are all within spec. :)

Could you guys tell me what sealent you use on the head cover gasket?

i dont put anything on mine

And the good news is my valves are all within spec. :)

this suprised you :lol: dude its a yamaha :lol::lol:

the white chalky stuff is the zinc coating off the bolts corroding in the aluminum unlike metals tend to fuse together .

:lol:

The next time I have the bike appart anti seize is going on them bolts :)

The valve cover gasket is good to go. Just torque the bolts to spec and it'll seal properly!

This will be probably the only time you check your valves. Mine are still in spec after two years. I checked a year ago.

By a honda if you want to adjust valves or change them often. : )