HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim-in-so-ore

Trick Dualsport Kit

5 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let you guys know that I just finished installing my Trick Dual Sport kit. It took a little longer to install than I had figured but that was because I added a light to my analog speedometer, and I used a license mount from Scott's Performace, also those trick looking license plate bolts that are really license plate light bulbs. Plus I used a different style of rear turn signals so it all took more time than expected, but it is on now and works great.. If I had a digital camera (which I don't) I would take pictures and post them (which I don't know how to do either). All in all the Kit is well thought out & less money than the other ones and compared to the kit on my 99 WR 400 much better quality. Hope to have years of great service from Trick Dual Sport, & I'm sure I will have.

Dale makes a fine Product.

Jim

i had a high dollar kit on my xr. i think i'll go cheap this time....brake light switch....high low beam switch...

acerbis mirrior...squeeze horn. 50 bucks should cover it. :)

Unfortunatly in Oregon any bike built after 1992 has to have ...electric turn signals, front & rear, horn, stop light & tail light , plus high & low beam headlight and a license plate. Not being an electrical engineer I let someone who is, build the kit and I installed it. Oh yes a mirror also.

Jim

Put the electrex Dakar kit on my WR450. They gave me a proto kit and the bike is at Electrex now getting a final fitting for the production version. The guys at Electrex are great.

03 WR450, Tagged!, YZ rear fender, Dunlop 606's , Lean -jetting next

Ive heard ...well...stories about the Dakar kit. Their circuit boards have a tendancey to fry. Give us an update in 6 months and after some good riding. Interested in how yours holds up! Im thinking about doing a Trick Dual sport kit. Not sure I like that headlight style but oh well...