Pw50/ttr50 Better Get It Now

TTR50 and PW50s will be taken off the market Feb 9 2009. Parts will no longer be sold. Dont know for how long. So if your looking to buy a new one time is running out. Anything thats not after market my be hard to get for sometime.

Yamaha has to test for lead content in all parts.I'll try to post more later.

MATT

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/thumpertalk

Why?? Yamaha policy? Recall? Rumor? Yamaha took aim to take a bite out of Honda and get market in 50cc away from red. They would not just toss this project. No parts? Yamaha has a good reputation for parts... they would want to protect this immage?? Yamaha Dealers and corp folks please chime in here. Whats the scoop here?

This is a clip of what yamaha has sent to the dealers.

Beginning Tuesday, 2/10/09, you must give special treatment to products intended to be used by children

12 years of age and younger including, temporarily, stopping all sales. Also, due to the new federal lead

restrictions, you must label certain models for use only by those over 12 years of age.

Products for use by children 12 and younger:

TT-R50E and PW50 motorcycles, and YFM50 ATVs

The special treatment required by the law includes two parts:

1. Affected products manufactured before 2/10/09 (products you have in inventory now) must meet the

CPSIA lead content requirements on and after 2/10/09.

Yamaha has ongoing tests to confirm that these products comply.

• If they do, you will receive written assurance from Yamaha stating compliance and you may

resume retail sales.

• If they do not, you will receive a future communication from Yamaha explaining what to do.

Beginning 2/10/09 you must stop sale of products intended to be used by children 12 years and

younger: TT-R50E and PW50 motorcycles, and YFM50 ATVs. You must also stop sale of

replacement parts and accessories intended for these models, except oils and lubes, spark plugs,

tires, and similar maintenance parts. This stop in sales will be in effect until you receive the needed

assurance from Yamaha that these vehicles meet or are modified to meet CPSIA lead content

standards, unless, of course, exemption from the law is attained.

Thanks for the Info. Don't worry we won't kill the messenger.

Gotta love the government. I guess my 5 year old grandaugher will have to quit chewing on her bike. Hunting & fishing are out too (lead in bullets and weights). Better for her to watch reality tv and eat twinkies. ? Humph.

• Like 1

liberals will eventually remove all of our rights . one right at a time until there all gone. and then tell us how much better off we are.........they think we are all stupid and need to be told what to do............too bad people forget that in this country, it was always the design for the people to tell the goverment what WE want , and not the other way around. get used to it. at least for another 4 years.......it's only gonna get worse.??

liberals will eventually remove all of our rights . one right at a time until there all gone. and then tell us how much better off we are.........they think we are all stupid and need to be told what to do............too bad people forget that in this country, it was always the design for the people to tell the goverment what WE want , and not the other way around. get used to it. at least for another 4 years.......it's only gonna get worse.??

This is exactly the proplem, I live in california and I just saw Wes Chesbro responding to arnolds suggestion of stopping paychecks for all legislators till a budget is reached and wes had the balls and stupity [they do think we are idiots] to say that that idea is not rellevant because arnold is indepently rich and doesn't need the money. Hey Wes, we don't care if he needs it, its your ass we wanna bleed. He also said That he was busy doing whats best for the people. Who decides that, I thought we elected these ass hats to enforce the will of the people, not to force their will on us

Yeah, this post should be in town square

• 5 years later...
  • 4 years later...