Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoiseYZ

Front Wheel sticks

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a 2007 YZ450 and when you spin the front wheel it seems to be rubbing against the disc brake or something. What I mean by this is if the bike is on the stand and you spin the front wheel it doesn't free wheel very much and stops spinning pretty quickly. This is the first bike I have had in 15 yrs and the first bike with a disc brake. I am not sure how to adjust this or if that is normal at all. I also noticed when I am at higher speeds is seems the front end has some wobble in it as well and I am wondering if that might be caused by the front wheel dragging on the disc brake. I am not a mechanic by any means and I am nervous to just start taking things apart. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Odds are either the disk is bent or warped, or your wheel bearings are shot. With the bike on the stand, can you wiggle the wheel at all, as in is there any play in the wheel? This would indicate that you need wheel bearings, and that could be the drag issue.

Might want to try loosening the axle and the pinch bolts then go thru the tightening routine the manual talks about. ie tighten the axle, then rock the bike back and forth while hitting the front brake a few times. Then tighten the pinch bolts.