New bike problems

So I picked up an 08 yz450f on Friday and got around to looking it over today. Noticed that there is some damage to the clutch pivot right in front of the front sprocket! Did not notice on initial inspection because it was covered up by the case saver, which I'm sure was installed for that purpose. Anyways the whole assy has been JB welded back together:banghead: Has anyone run into this? Has anyone done this, and had luck with it holding together? Would attach pics, but don't have photobucket account. It was broken right around the top bolt where the case saver is installed, and runs up both sides to the top back of the pivot. Thanks for any help

looks to me like the bike has thrown a chain in its lifetime. Really it doesnt look good. If I were you, I would take it to a welding shop and see if they can weld the cracks and sand them back down flat. 7 times out of 10 they can repair it back to almost looking like it never happeded, and will be cheaper than a new case and way more reliable than jb which usually chips appart after a while. Good Luck

looks to me like the bike has thrown a chain in its lifetime. Really it doesnt look good. If I were you, I would take it to a welding shop ...
If I was you, I'd take it back to where you got it and ask them why they concealed this material damage from you. Then ask whether they prefer returning your money or if they'd rather go to court for it. If they get really nasty about it, you could go as far as to file a fraud/larceny complaint with the local DA. Most states take an extremely dim view of this sort of thing.

Thanks a lot for the reaponses! I called the shop and they said that they didn't notice it on their inspection. They also didn't notice that the radiators aren't topped off and quite a few spokes were not tight at all. I did get it in writing that if this ever leaks or breaks at any time that they will repair it free of charge. Not too sure if there is a big torsional load on that area, or if is further down in the case. At least they know there is an issue, and seem to stand by their word. Thanks again for the responses

I would have them repair it NOW, "free of charge"! I wouldn't want to have that end a day at track or be miles from the truck on a trail ride when things go bad. JMHO

Mike

I would simply tell them to unwind the deal, that you don't want the bike in that condition, period. The condition it is in is not as it was represented to be, and it's not what you agreed to buy, simple as that.

On the radiator issue, You can fill the bike to the top every time you ride it if you like, but after it cools back down, you will see that it will have dropped to a level just below the coolant tubes in the core. This is because the coolant expands when heated, and the excess is pushed out. If you leave it at this level, it should stay there from one ride to the next.

Wow!! What a complete dirtbag. That reminds me od when I was 14 or 15. Didn't know anything about bikes and bought a 86 KX250 for 1100 bucks. He said it needed a spark plug. I got it home replaced the plug rode it without knowing the water pump was shot and ended up blowing my engine. Man I saved forever with a damn paper route no doubt. Talk about heart ache. I hate dirtbags like that. That MO Fo should def give you your money back.

If I was you, I'd take it back to where you got it and ask them why they concealed this material damage from you. Then ask whether they prefer returning your money or if they'd rather go to court for it. If they get really nasty about it, you could go as far as to file a fraud/larceny complaint with the local DA. Most states take an extremely dim view of this sort of thing.

I must admit that I agree. This is exaclty what I would do. Good luck:thumbsup:

Took it back to the dealer tonight and it was a great experience. Showed them the JB weld job, and the owner immediately apologized, and told me that he would do whatever he needed to do to make it right. He offered to repair it, but told him I was not interested unless the cases were replaced. He said that the repair would be to expensive, but he would happily trade it for another bike, or give me my money back. Ended up trading up to an 2008 brand new with the white plastics, for around $600! All I can say is that Vickery motorsports in Denver is an amazing dealer:thumbsup: Sorry for the plug, but they impressed me in every way! Can't wait to ride it and will post a review as soon as I get to ride it!