HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryan2214

Installing new throttle cable question

7 posts in this topic

How do I install the throotle cable to the throttle sleeve on a 99 yz400f? I took it apart a while back and now I can't figure out how to do it.:banana:

Ryan

IIRC... the cables are made so that they will only go in the housing one way, the little wedges on the cables line up in it. the pull,open the throttle, cable goes on the back of the tube and the push, close the throttle, on the front.

I had to put two sets on mine.... crashes... there is a link to a manual in the sticky's at the top of this forum in case I am wrong..

I lookd in the online manual and don't see it either.... in the engine section in chapter three, there is a listing for adjustment and lube that kinda shows it and in section five, handlebar , there is a diag of it.

sorry i don't remember, sold that bike a couple of years ago. I put 2 sets of cables on it, the first was frayed, the second i caught and broke in an over the bars episode..

They will only go on one way.... hope you get it done

jay