first ride yesterday

got my self an 09 450 and went for a running in ride out on sunday with a mate ,just going to do local lanes in essex (uk) . woke up to the usual english morning when you have something arranged , pissing down ,cobblers just have to fish out all the wet gear and get out there. duly kitted up pushed the new girl out of the garage hit the starter and it didnt bloody start :banana: ,any way left it a second and away it goes ,Yippee .

had a 03 wr450 and upgraded to this 09 wasnt sure wether to buy a ktm but settled on the yam glad i did nice bit of kit as you all know .whats the differance ,dont all shout 2grand, tighter turning , lighter low down feel , smoother power , my 03 would try to take your arms off and at the back of the day it can be tiresome ,power wheelies in 3rd just by rolling the power on.

as it was only a shakedown and oil change ride i'll let you know how im getting on in good time. jsut gotta say its right nice having a new bike in the garage . dont moan at me about the credit crunch i jst feel good about it and wanted to tell someone

got my self an 09 450 and went for a running in ride out on sunday with a mate ,just going to do local lanes in essex (uk) . woke up to the usual english morning when you have something arranged , pissing down ,cobblers just have to fish out all the wet gear and get out there. duly kitted up pushed the new girl out of the garage hit the starter and it didnt bloody start :banana: ,any way left it a second and away it goes ,Yippee .

had a 03 wr450 and upgraded to this 09 wasnt sure wether to buy a ktm but settled on the yam glad i did nice bit of kit as you all know .whats the differance ,dont all shout 2grand, tighter turning , lighter low down feel , smoother power , my 03 would try to take your arms off and at the back of the day it can be tiresome ,power wheelies in 3rd just by rolling the power on.

as it was only a shakedown and oil change ride i'll let you know how im getting on in good time. jsut gotta say its right nice having a new bike in the garage . dont moan at me about the credit crunch i jst feel good about it and wanted to tell someone

I got burned 8 months ago on a ktm and ended up getting an 08 wr450 and love it. the only thing I wish to change is the valving in the forks. It just bottoms out too easily. Unplug it and rejet and you will love it. But you may not have the restrictions we do in the states.

think we get some restrictions but our shops just bin them straight off , like the throttle stop etc. lights are minimal as in horn and flashers . not toally legal but dont get to much attention from the police so they can registered for the road so we can get from place to place, only problem is its always raining

Once you mod this beast it will pull your arms out of your socket, pretty corked up now, even if you do have the throttle stop out, the exhaust is hendering performance, you can also open up the intake too and get her jetted up real good.

As for starting, this bike has the slowest starter out of any bike I've ever owned and it doesn't want to start a cold engine, it could turn over all day it seems and not start, but if I hit the kick start one time it will fire to life. So when its cold, I think its better to kick start it, then once its been running it will fire right up with the E button.

Congrats on the new ride!

............................had a 03 wr450 and upgraded to this 09 wasnt sure wether to buy a ktm but settled on the yam glad i did nice bit of kit as you all know .whats the differance ,dont all shout 2grand, tighter turning , lighter low down feel , smoother power ,

I sold my KTM 300EXC almost 2 years ago and just bought a replacement for it, a slightly used 2006 WR450. I was a decent B class rider on the KTM, and now that I have two good rides on the WR, I think I could be faster on the WR, if I choose to get back into shape.

I recently rode a 2009 KTM 530 EXC. It was way too tall. The owner had the suspension lowered a 2 full inches after I rode it. He could barely reach the ground. The high seat height isn't helping KTM sell bikes. Neither is the WP suspension. I was dissapointed in my '04 forks and the '09 didn't feel any better. Still lots of "stiction" front and rear, and harsh on landings.

I have found the WR to be more stable, easier to control in the corners at high speed. The stock suspension on the Yamaha is sweet. I am very satisfied with my WR, my first Yamaha. :banana: