HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamaha.dude

Customer Service Does Exist!!

7 posts in this topic

Fellow TT'ers

I just wanted to publicly thank YamaBen for some excellent work in tracking me down an item I was keen to get my hands on (in)...

I saw some Yamaha branded Mechanix wear gloves and having been looking to get a pair of their gloves for a while, I figured I would try and get these with the tuning forks on them...

Yamaha branded MechanixWear gloves

These were never made available in Australia, and I cannot even order plain ones from the Mechanix wear site and have them shipped to Australia - so i have killed two birds with the one stone :). These are almost cool enough to wear as riding gloves... :D

These were discontinued items - but YamaBen searched across the country and found a pair from I think it was Chicago… And had them transferred to him and then he shipped them to me priority, and I had them 6 days later.. I am so stoked… This is what customer service is all about… and I think that anyone who reads TT is clued into that… ask your dealer if he reads TT or something similar… I know Ben was the pioneer of the 450 cam swap, and he is a valued member of this board… I just wanted to let everyone know there is customer service available out there, and Ben really does understand the term....

If you get stuck for something, give the good guys a call...

This is me, with the gloves, and a pretty cool T-Shirt... :D

shirt and gloves

shirt back printing

Cheers,

David

LOL, you look like your in trouble with your hands in the air, should have chucked in a crim photo aswell :D, did you get that pimple on your neck?? :), great lookin shirt David,

I was holding a couple of T-bars and an air ratchet (which I suppose could look like a hand gun)... to show the new gloves off... but my daughter took the pics and I didn't realise the background was not the best until we had them on the computer... It is a nice T-shirt,,, bet it's the only one is OZ at the moment... LOL I wore it into the local dealer today and I could see them looking hard at it... wondering if I had been on a holiday... :):D keep them guessing and keen for my business... :D :D

David

The Mechanix gloves? They are the normal price for the M-Pact ones, just with the Yamaha Branding... Mechanix wear do a lot of private label stuff, as well as the NASCAR and other team stuff... they do a nice pit board as well... www.mechanix.com

The Yamaha ones were obviously a limited run, they are/were discontinued when Ben tried to order direct from Yamaha for me... That's why I am so pleased he was able to track a pair down anyway...

It's a shame to get them dirty, but at least it will be working on my bike... and the lads bike... he wants a pair for himself now... Guess I will have to get him a ThumperTalk T-Shirt instead :)

David