03 YZ450 vs 06 YZ450

Right now I have an 03 yz450f and have the chance to get an 06 yz450f for an steal. Do any of you have an 06? What are your opinions on it? Any help is appreciated. :banana:

Buy it. It's a great bike.

How is the handling compared to the 03? I love my 03, but it seems like it quickly wears me out from the bottom end power, and turns like a brick. Reliable though. lol

My '06 turns better than any bike i've ever had. :banana:

Not sure about 03, I had an 05. The difference between the bikes is night and day. I read the turning is better on the 07-08-09. I will tell you that with a little tlc you won't be disappointed with an 06, especially if you get a great price.

I made the switch from a 03 to the 06 just this year. I will say that I spent a lot of time dialing in my 03 and really enjoyed the bike. When I first made the swap I noticed the lighter feel and quicker turning of the 06 but I was not as comfortable overall on it as my 03 (woods riding). With the help of Dave from the suspension forum I was able to dial in the 06 to my liking and now there is no looking back. I can ride the 06 harder, faster and longer with less fatigue.

Make the switch, you'll be happy.

As an owner of both, buy the '06. Night and day better bike.

Thanks for the input guys! Hopefully going to pick it up tomorrow :lol::banana:

Probably a really stupid question. But where could I find white plastics and the special edition graphics for it? I like the look of the white. How different is the motor than the 03? For those that have an 06, how much easier does it handle? Does the stock exhaust flow well compared to an aftermarket, I dont really care for the loud as hell approach, so if the stocker is as good with same perf i'll just keep it. Also, does it break off your arms like the 03 does?

No the power in incredibly smooth, you won't realize how fast you are really going.

Probably a really stupid question. But where could I find white plastics and the special edition graphics for it? I like the look of the white. How different is the motor than the 03? For those that have an 06, how much easier does it handle? Does the stock exhaust flow well compared to an aftermarket, I dont really care for the loud as hell approach, so if the stocker is as good with same perf i'll just keep it. Also, does it break off your arms like the 03 does?

Well, did you ever get this bike? If so, how do you like it?

i have a 06 and it scares the complete sh1t out of me! i guess this was the best motor they ever put into a 450 the 06 motor i guess ppl were bitching that it actually was 2 powerful!!!!! what do you expect its a 450!! :banghead:

my 06 been great to me so far. knock on wood.

i have a 06 and it scares the complete sh1t out of me! i guess this was the best motor they ever put into a 450 the 06 motor i guess ppl were bitching that it actually was 2 powerful!!!!! what do you expect its a 450!! :banghead:

If I recall correctly, it was the 03' that people complained about.

If I recall correctly, it was the 03' that people complained about.
Yes, and in fact, the rap on the '06 was that it was too tame, soft, weak, didn't have any low end, yada-yada...:banghead: :banghead:

In retrospect, it's pretty hysterical. :banghead: