09 top clamp on my 07?

I was setting up an 09 yz450 at work today, and i noticed the top clamp has an extra set of holes for the bar clamps to give riders the option to move the bars forward. Since im 6'5" i would like to move my bars forward, but my 07 doesnt have the holes. Will the 09YZ450FYL top clamp work on my 07YZ450FW?Thanks

I think it will, but since the top clamp for an '08 retails for $185, it may cost you more to buy that, even at your price, than it would to buy a better looking top clamp from Applied or Tag Metals (the T2, for example).

Yes it will fit, but as Gray said, it mihgt be cheaper to go aftermarket. Have you tried turning your bar mounts around on your 07 to see if that moves the bars far enough forward for you?

Yes it will fit, but as Gray said, it mihgt be cheaper to go aftermarket. Have you tried turning your bar mounts around on your 07 to see if that moves the bars far enough forward for you?

Wow. KJ i never relly thought about the offset on the bar clamps. I never thought to turn them around:bonk: I'll try that out. Thank you.

Also gray i agree with you that it may be in my best interest to purchase an aftermarket clamp. Thanks for the :banana: reply's