Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
honeycutt

Mount for License Plate

15 posts in this topic

Now that they are enforcing the plate law here in Arizona I need to mount the RV(Recreational Vehicle) plate to my 07 WR450. I know some other states use this system so I was hoping someone could recommend a plate mount that is out of the way and doesn't look too bad?? The plate is suppose to be visible from the rear. Pics would be a great help if possible. Thanks guys!

Are you still looking for info.. The one mounted on the bike I ride uses two strips of rubber that allows view and flex. Really helps save the plate. Could provide a pic if needed

Are you still looking for info.. The one mounted on the bike I ride uses two strips of rubber that allows view and flex. Really helps save the plate. Could provide a pic if needed

I'd like to see it if you have time to post.

Tried some cell phone pics because I could not find the camera. Look like junk so won't post. Found it now and will take some good pics and post tomorrow.

Here are the pics. I could but won't extend the mounts another half inch to allow the plate to clear the fender lip. I like the way it sits now. I will just notch the plate so it clears the plate when I flip it over backwards in a wheelie. I do that a couple times a year. Bent it up, but just bend the plate back.

100_0063.jpg

100_0063.jpg

100_0064.jpg

100_0066.jpg

100_0067.jpg

here is the 06 i had before the 08

P9130006.jpg

is that a yz rear fender your using? if so, what kind of light are you running?

is that a yz rear fender your using? if so, what kind of light are you running?

its a baja designs plate mount but after comparing it to the one i have on my 08, i would not buy the baja designs one again as it is way to heavy...

this is the one i have on my 08

213940.jpg

Now that they are enforcing the plate law here in Arizona I need to mount the RV(Recreational Vehicle) plate to my 07 WR450. I know some other states use this system so I was hoping someone could recommend a plate mount that is out of the way and doesn't look too bad?? The plate is suppose to be visible from the rear. Pics would be a great help if possible. Thanks guys!

Here you go Honey- 001.jpg003.jpgdiamondpictures019.gif 600 miles of hard riding and still hasn't come off.. I seen a bracket at HD you may just trim (Picture), other than me hacking one out and combing it with rivets. I did try the Edge, but that was too much money and very difficult to fit. I really wanted use my stock tail light which I rewired as a brake light.

that just looks too far under the fender. I keep having mine sucked up by the rear wheel on fast jumps while on the beach and mine is farther back. I'm going to attach mine to the top of the rear part of the fender next. I've killed too many plates already!

torntag.jpg