JB weld on plastic tank

No. You are wasting your time trying to repair this tank with "magic mud". Either plastic weld it or throw it away and buy a new tank. Many people will try to give you advice about shade tree mechanic techniques to repair this tank on a temporary basis. These repairs will eventually fail at the most inopportune moment in time.

Try bakingsoda and a strong supper glue!!

Take some 60-100 grid sandpaper and sand in and around the crack then fill the crack(if you can)with soda add some drops of glue ontop,this will make a super strong glue hold!!! Try on some other plastic first!!! In south africa they call it Q-BOND!!!!

the only way it'll work is to repair it with the exact same material, not just "some plastic".

Trust me - have a buddy who is a chemical engineer and I checked with him before proceeding with mine.

So, the best thing to do is to shave some strips off the underside of the tank (you don't need much), then plastic weld them using your soldering iron (spotless tip) with a flat tip (preferred but not required).

Gently massage the melting plastic in a circular motion feeding in the strips of shavings as you go - you do not need to penetrate the full thickness. Keep it moving - any color change to green or brown/black means you're going too slow and burning the material - a nono.

Try to build up just a little higher than original, this way you can shave it down to original when done and buff it out if the crack is in a very noticeable spot - then again, it's a dirt bike - scars are normal!!!

Here's a vid of a pro doing it on a structural component - he heated the whole way through for that obvious reason.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NuA6d49Z7Rc&feature=PlayList&p=573E0AFF7AC28FC3&playnext=1&index=1