Torque wrench for cams??

can anyone tell me what torque wrench will reach and torque cam bolts on a yz426f ? I have 2 torque wrenches and neither will reach all the bolts.

Thanks

Ricky

I use a 1/4" inch pound wrench, fits perfect.

I use a 1/4" inch pound wrench, fits perfect.

Ditto!

K thanks

I use a flex beam 1/4" wrench for this, but they can be very difficult to find. The alternative is to use a torque adapter, such as this one:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=hand&item_ID=2221&group_ID=269&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

When these are set onto the torque at a 90 degree angle to either side, you don't need to compensate for the added length.

Thanks for the link Gray. I'm going to order one, but was also looking for a 12 mm adaptor for the forward and rear cylinder bolts that you can't take a socket/wrench to. For some reason they jump to a 13 mm and don't offer a 12 mm adaptor. I wonder why? Also, they are pricey little buggers!

Thanks for the link Gray. I'm going to order one, but was also looking for a 12 mm adaptor for the forward and rear cylinder bolts that you can't take a socket/wrench to. For some reason they jump to a 13 mm and don't offer a 12 mm adaptor. I wonder why? Also, they are pricey little buggers!
Snap-on is not the only source of that type of wrench. You may want to look elsewhere.

I don't remember having any problem getting my torque wench down on the head bolts (it's a newer Snap-On 3/8" digital), but the bolts would not clear the frame with the head on the cylinder.

Try Pit Posse