HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wes Woodin

2008 YZ450F tech issue

10 posts in this topic

I went riding today. Interresting issue. My bike has plenty of power, but when I am under throttle and going through whoops, my bike studders. It's almost like you shut the fuel off and it's starving for gas. Don't know if the float pin is getting stuck or if its an issue with the ignition. Has this happened to anyone else? Thaks Wes:banghead:

I went riding today. Interresting issue. My bike has plenty of power, but when I am under throttle and going through whoops, my bike studders. It's almost like you shut the fuel off and it's starving for gas. Don't know if the float pin is getting stuck or if its an issue with the ignition. Has this happened to anyone else? Thaks Wes:banghead:

I have this too on my 426 and cant help but think that its just yamabog. I have never experimented with accelerator pump covers but people say that they cure this.

Jetting is spot on, R&D Powerbowl, no bog, pipe, good 100 octane fuel. 13 hours on engine. it just started today. I'm gonna pull the carb and check it out.

Are you sure you aren't hitting the rev limiter when the wheel comes off the ground between whoops and is free spinning?

Jetting is spot on, R&D Powerbowl, no bog, pipe, good 100 octane fuel. 13 hours on engine. it just started today. I'm gonna pull the carb and check it out.

wow, you have all the upgrades already. Maybe a problem with float needle like you said

Update: have you checked your gas cap vent? I just remembered that when I went to jawbone canyon last, my vent cap got plugged and was not letting air into the tank causing the carb to not get enough fuel. Just a thought.

Are you sure you aren't hitting the rev limiter when the wheel comes off the ground between whoops and is free spinning?

You know, I didn't think of that. I will take notice. Thanks again.

Sounds like a lean condition or a faulty tps. My bike was stutering and I bumped up the main jet from a 162 to a 165 and it went away. Also, Ive read in the jetting section that disconecting the tps may solve the stutter if the TPS is bad.

If it is only doing it in whoops, try hitting them in a gear higher and see if it doesn't do it quite as bad. If so, then it is the rev limiter, if it doesn't then it could be an actual mechanical issue related to pounding (loose wire in ignition system, low float level causing fuel to slosh, or some other issue).

wow, you have all the upgrades already. Maybe a problem with float needle like you said

Update: have you checked your gas cap vent? I just remembered that when I went to jawbone canyon last, my vent cap got plugged and was not letting air into the tank causing the carb to not get enough fuel. Just a thought.

Yes, that was the first thing I checked. I pulled it off and blew through it. Thank you for the ideas. It is frustrating.

If it is only doing it in whoops, try hitting them in a gear higher and see if it doesn't do it quite as bad. If so, then it is the rev limiter, if it doesn't then it could be an actual mechanical issue related to pounding (loose wire in ignition system, low float level causing fuel to slosh, or some other issue).

We are on the same page! I appreciate you response!:thumbsup: