Slip-on or Endcap/ spark arrestor: Pros/Cons

Yeah thats a tought choice. Either way you plug up a good exhaust but to spend 150 to plug up a stock exhaust is a little much. I'd go big and get a nice exhaust with a sparky in that you can remove.

My buddy just did that with his suzuki but he got a yosi full race system with the spark arrestor

I had this same dilemma. ? I finally decided to save some money and just get the end cap. For one reason I have heard that a slip-on only changes the sound level and the power slightly.

Even if you went with a full exhaust, I have also found out by friends that it only moves the power to a different area of the powerband. So you can chose if you need more top or bottom end or even more mid range.

You can probably better spend your money on suspension upgrades if you're looking to go faster. However if you just need to be legal for the woods, like me, an end cap will work fine. Just be prepared to expect a different exhaust note, typically louder.

I had this same dilemma. ? I finally decided to save some money and just get the end cap. For one reason I have heard that a slip-on only changes the sound level and the power slightly.

Even if you went with a full exhaust, I have also found out by friends that it only moves the power to a different area of the powerband. So you can chose if you need more top or bottom end or even more mid range.

You can probably better spend your money on suspension upgrades if you're looking to go faster. However if you just need to be legal for the woods, like me, an end cap will work fine. Just be prepared to expect a different exhaust note, typically louder.

I 2nd this.

I just did the PMB also and other than being just a bit louder, I haven't noticed any change in power. I pretty much ride track only but wanted to have the option of being legal if I had the chance to ride on a trail. I paid around 90 bucks for it and maybe 20 bucks for the moose re-packing material.

cb