HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trc52001@cs.com

anyone wired up a hydraulic brake switch on wr450

5 posts in this topic

my brake switch came in today and i am ready to make this beast street legal. i have never personally installed a switch on any bike so any advise would be helpful. especially if anybody has done this the new wr450f. i want to just use the stock tail light if that is possible. thanks in advance for any info.

jim

Yeah. Baja Designs (www.bajadesigns.com) has a hydraulic switch for the rear master cylinder for $20. Works great, short enough to miss the subframe. The rear taillignt has an extra receptical for a brake light. Standard auto rear brake light will work off the 120 watt bike lighting system. Check your manual for the hot wire on the rear running light. Tap in to that and do a closure loop on the switch loom. Bada Bing.

Yeah. Baja Designs (www.bajadesigns.com) has a hydraulic switch for the rear master cylinder for $20. Works great, short enough to miss the subframe. The rear taillignt has an extra receptical for a brake light. Standard auto rear brake light will work off the 120 watt bike lighting system. Check your manual for the hot wire on the rear running light. Tap in to that and do a closure loop on the rear brake switch loom. Bada Bing.

also, try to fuse the hot side of the switch before the wire goes down to the switch at the brake pedal.

Instead of looking for the hot wire on the rear running light, can't you just connect to the positive terminal on the battery? An in-line fuse would be a good idea as well.