HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR/CRDave

Found a way to beat CRF450 in drag race

3 posts in this topic

Whenever my friends and I go to the dez, Glamis and Octollio Wells, we always drag race. Well ever since my friend got a CRF450 I can't beat him in a short race on my BRP. I've tried everything, once I even looped it trying so hard, paddle hooked up in third in the woops and over I went before I knew what happened, pretty funny. Now I finally found a way to beat my friends CRF450 in a drag race, one day we both started in 4th and big thumper took him no problem. Sometimes we trade bikes, and I like how lite and nimble his is and he loves the big thumper feel and raw power of the BRP. But I am always happy to get back on the pig. Just sharing a story.

00 XR650R uncorked

01 CR250

95 XR600 lots of stuff (sold)

95 KX500 (sold)

Accelerating that extra 60 lbs. or so is what hurts the BRP in a drag race. The last time I watched a 24 hr car race on tv, I didn't notice any Formula one cars .