HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rokatt88

Race Gas!!

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried running VP Ultimate 4 Race Gas in their Pig? I have a Pig Bud who also rides a CRF450R. He has started running the Ult. 4 in it. He also just put a Big Gun exhaust on it. As you can imagine, it goes like stink. The cool thing is my pig hangs right in there in aceleration and I still have the top end :) We are set to go riding this coming weekend and I was thinking of using some Uber Gazz :D to juice things up a little bit. I know that it makes a difference in his CRF. Have any of my Pig Bro's run this stuff and does it make a diff. in the BIG RED PIG? Arrr Arrr Arrr! :D

Don't do it. Unless you have a high compression piston and stuff, dont do it. I tried the race fuel once and evenutally dumped it all in the truck to get rid of it. 92 octane runs best! The stuff I bought was from the Moto shop I think it was 104 or 109.

From what I understand about VP Ultimate 4, it's not super high octain. It was formulated just for 4 strokes. I have ridden my bud's CRF450R with pump gas and Ult. 4 and I can tell a difference. Hmmmm....we'll see how much extra jingle I can scrounge and maybe I'll try some out this weekend and report back to Thumper Central. It's a nasty job but someone has to do it! :)

One of Bruce Ogilvie’s tips on things American Honda discovered or learned was...

"A stock XR650 will run better on pump gas than a high-octane race fuel, which needs a higher com­pression ratio to be effective. (All gas in the Honda pits is Chevron 92- or VP 93-octane unleaded.) "

Here's the info in its entirety...

http://www.xr650r.net/bruce_ogilvie.htm