Dual Sport Kit WR450F 2003

I could be wrong but, I think since the bike is already DC power with a battery, you would not have to spend a big chunk of dough on it. Just install a brake switch, signals, flasher and dual fil tail light?

If someone has experiance and knows different, please add your comments.

I did my bike (all DC as well) and it is somewhat a PITA, but well worth the money I SAVED!!!

370 bucks for a BajaDesigns kit, no way.

A 2x filament headlight (hi/lo) may be needed,

turn sigs with a 3 prong flasher from auto zone,

A whole new taillight would be easier, like an Acerbis or UFO, cause the stock bulb socket can only support a single filament bulb. Unless you use a resistor in line with brake switches...

liscinse plate holder, LIGHTED is what I needed...my tail light has a built in plate light.

DOT tires...

and a horn!!!

The best way to add switches for all the crap is get a streetbike one off of ebay, mine is sweet. Even has a built in flasher relay, but I dropped it and it broke!

Actually, you could get everything on ebay, maybe even tires if you're lucky.

All in all, I spent a few bucks over 150 doing it myself, soup to nails, including D606 tires!!!

:)

Plan it all out first, you've got plenty of time. :D

I've got pics of my works in the DRZ forum, check out my page too (up at top of page) for some pics.

PS, don't make fun of the turn sigs, I know they're big, but they were free ok!!! :D

[ July 21, 2002: Message edited by: DR.Zaius ]

I know I'm a bit early but I'm looking for a dual sport kit to put on a WR450F. If you can help me could you let me know please! :)

Thanks

Thanks for the great info. I am going to research the whole thing. I am going to buy all of the parts before I get the bike. The dealer is going to plate the bike for me. All I need to get started in the state that I am buying it is a brake light, mirror and horn. I can add signals later if I want them.

Nice pics on your site.

If you want to keep being able to type, wear a helmet.

I may be wrong but here goes. Australian wr's come with all the street stuff. When the bikes are released there the parts should fit on the US model. I saw a link in the past of Malyasian models with all the street garb. I can only assume a US dealer may be able to order with the part #'s.

That would be the only way to go, OEM!

OEM...Better find as someone's takeoffs or you might consider a second mortgage from DiTech.

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: AZWR426 ]

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: AZWR426 ]

You are most likely correct about that.

I think OEM stands for Only Expensive Equipment.

Originally posted by DR.Zaius:

...A whole new taillight would be easier, like an Acerbis or UFO, cause the stock bulb socket can only support a single filament bulb. Unless you use a resistor in line with brake switches...

Actually, the WR's tail light comes pre-wired for a brake light, so the stock tail light should work just fine.

Anyone know a web site that lists part numbers for non-US Yamahas? I'd like to look at the OEM electrical switch parts for the Australian or European models.

If that is true, all you would have to for a brake light is install the switch and plug it in.

I am also interested in getting the part numbers.