HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sausage boy

What Flywheel Weight For The Woods?

11 posts in this topic

a friend of mine wants to put a flywheel weight on his 08 YZ450 to give him a better drive when on the trails, in the woods and going slow over rocks. thing is there are a few different weights to choose from, anyone out there using a flywheel weight? and what weight are you using? :thumbsup:

the heavier the better,i believe they are available in 9,11,and 13 ounce.i've run all three weights and on the 450 i like the 13 the best.works great on real tight and technical riding.pretty much makes the bike lug and pull like a freight train...or an xr

the heavier the better,i believe they are available in 9,11,and 13 ounce.i've run all three weights and on the 450 i like the 13 the best.works great on real tight and technical riding.pretty much makes the bike lug and pull like a freight train...or an xr

thanks cmd, did you run the weight on a YZ450? also what make flywheel weight did you buy?

i now have a 13 on the 450(yz),but have tried all there sizes on 250f's and 450f's.all were eithers yzf's and wrf's.....yep i like yamahammers:smirk:

I use the GYTR 9.21oz flywheel on my 06 YZ450 and it works great. I also changed my gearing to 13/51. I use my bike 90% of the time in the woods.

I use the GYTR 9.21oz flywheel on my 06 YZ450 and it works great. I also changed my gearing to 13/51. I use my bike 90% of the time in the woods.

IIRC stock is 13/52 correct? Are you riding really tight, technical stuff or more open stuff?

Stock '06 gearing is 13/49.

"I see," (says the blind man, peeing into the wind) "it all comes back to me now."

Thanks for clearing my foggy memory grayracer.