What Flywheel Weight For The Woods?

a friend of mine wants to put a flywheel weight on his 08 YZ450 to give him a better drive when on the trails, in the woods and going slow over rocks. thing is there are a few different weights to choose from, anyone out there using a flywheel weight? and what weight are you using? :thumbsup:

the heavier the better,i believe they are available in 9,11,and 13 ounce.i've run all three weights and on the 450 i like the 13 the best.works great on real tight and technical riding.pretty much makes the bike lug and pull like a freight train...or an xr

the heavier the better,i believe they are available in 9,11,and 13 ounce.i've run all three weights and on the 450 i like the 13 the best.works great on real tight and technical riding.pretty much makes the bike lug and pull like a freight train...or an xr

thanks cmd, did you run the weight on a YZ450? also what make flywheel weight did you buy?

i now have a 13 on the 450(yz),but have tried all there sizes on 250f's and 450f's.all were eithers yzf's and wrf's.....yep i like yamahammers:smirk:

GYT-R off-road flywheel in my 06, seems to help but not quite enough with stock gearing.

I use the GYTR 9.21oz flywheel on my 06 YZ450 and it works great. I also changed my gearing to 13/51. I use my bike 90% of the time in the woods.

I use the GYTR 9.21oz flywheel on my 06 YZ450 and it works great. I also changed my gearing to 13/51. I use my bike 90% of the time in the woods.

IIRC stock is 13/52 correct? Are you riding really tight, technical stuff or more open stuff?

Stock '06 gearing is 13/49.

I use the GYTR 9.21oz flywheel in my 07 and really like it. It really helps stalling.

I have a 08 450 and run the GYTR. I think there were two choices I put the heaver one on. I ride mostly woods & desert. I really like what it did...

This is the one I have, TT can get you a better deal

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr.../1/detail.aspx

Stock '06 gearing is 13/49.

"I see," (says the blind man, peeing into the wind) "it all comes back to me now."

Thanks for clearing my foggy memory grayracer.