HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bubbaisthebest

Is my yz400 in need for a rebuild?

5 posts in this topic

I got a 1999 yz400f during the summertime, and up until about October, it has run great. Now it is fouling spark plugs, 4 in three months, and it's not starting in one or two kicks like it usually does. I'm thinking that it's time for a new top end. Any thoughts would be appriciated. Thanks

sounds like u have a jettin issue if ur foulin plugs...it ran great durin the summer time where its noticeably warmer. and now its gettin pretty chilly out now..yammies can get very touchy bout how its jetted durin weather changes

First up I would check the valve clearances and give the carburettor a thorough clean out.

Hard starting is often a sign of tight valve clearances. The plug fouling could be due to your mixture being off.