HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMC707

Do i have a problem? (Syn oil in my 08)

4 posts in this topic

OK--- i brain farted and filled up with a quart and something of Royal Purple auto type 10W-30.

I know my YZ is a wet clutch with a Rekluse thrown in to boot--- i haVE about a 2 hour ride in the morning --- should i dump this stuff asap-- or for 2 hour do i even need to worry about it?

I hate to roach a $100 set of plates and springs over 12 bucks worth of oil

Their website says nothing about the auto motor oil beeing wet clutch compatible, so I would not do it. Dump it quick, just because the plates are worth so much. Better to waste $12 like you said.

Unless the oil states it is API EC II, it's most likely OK for the clutch, but it's not a very durable oil. Since it's already only a 30 wt, it won't be much good after the first couple of hours.

Thanks for the quick response guys --- i dumped the RP and went with something a little more appropriate to get through the day (a mineral based 30 weight) --- 30 weight oil did have the trans shifting notchy after 1.5 hrs though

---- note to self -- next time im at Cycle Gear- stock up on oil