Oil...

So after i blew the engine up completely in my 2001 WR 426, for obvious reasons there is alot of metal shavings in the frame due to the fact that the oil is in the frame.

anyone got any ideas on how to get the metal shavings out of the frame?

thought alot through but finding reasons y all my ideas will not work.

I would like to hear some of your ideas.

thanks in advance.

spray a crap load of brake clean in there and blow it out with compressed air .

pour gas in there and keep pouring gas and blow it out with air .

more brake clean

more compressed air

flush it with some oil .

thats what i would do .

what are your ideas? why wont they work ?

you really shouldn't have any shavings in your frame - there's a screen in the sump to filter out larger debris, talking about filtering - then there's a filter in your engine that should get all the fine stuff...

After my engine blew a bearing there was lots of stuff in the sump when I split it, but the frame was clean - also has another screen at the frame so any larger contaminants that may come in through your filler don't make it through the system.

spray a crap load of brake clean in there and blow it out with compressed air .

pour gas in there and keep pouring gas and blow it out with air .

more brake clean

more compressed air

flush it with some oil .

thats what i would do .

what are your ideas? why wont they work ?

flushing it with solvent based products but it will retreat into the metal and in turn break down the oil.

and the same with gas, just not to the same extent.

you really shouldn't have any shavings in your frame - there's a screen in the sump to filter out larger debris, talking about filtering - then there's a filter in your engine that should get all the fine stuff...

After my engine blew a bearing there was lots of stuff in the sump when I split it, but the frame was clean - also has another screen at the frame so any larger contaminants that may come in through your filler don't make it through the system.

you know, i never really thought about it that way.

i just assumed that the filter did the filtering on the wat into the engine, not the way out.