HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK_308

03 WR450 battery problems

2 posts in this topic

hey guys ive got an 03 WR450 just bought it a few months ago... it was working great until around about half way through my 5th ride..no lights no e-start had to kick start all the rest of the day (slightly annoyin due to the fact i changed over bikes to stop kicking it over) so i replaced the voltage regulator because it was over charging the battery and blowing all the globes, got another battery and it was all good... until i left the bike for a week in the shed, went to start it up, and nothing it was dead..

i put it on charger over night and it started great in the morning... when i went to start it 3 days after it was dead once again.. so something is draining the battery and im not sure wat, ive taken the key out aswell so its not that because i found out that leaving the ignition on drains it ever so slightly.. so im a little confused right now:banghead:

has any body had this kind of trouble?? its really annoying seeings as my mate starts his bike up first time every time... he has had the same battery for 3 years.. mine goes dead within a week.. :thumbsup:

any help would be great thanks

cheers...

scott

i have a 03 also and it will die if i let it sit for over a few weeks the battery will be dead. I usually just have to get it started and let it idel and than just drive it.