HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YamaGeek

After Market Parts

9 posts in this topic

Okay guys, I'm a bit confused. Now that I have a new bike I'm looking to dress it up/ protect / performance /a bit with some aftermarket parts but I don't always find listings for the WR but they will for the YZ. Will the Works Connection Aluminum Frame Guards for a YZ426 fit a WR? Will an FMF Power Core 4 - Q Series for a YZ fit a WR? I'm thinking they will but don't find listing specifically for the WR.

I have the same bike as you and got my aluminum frame guards and enduro skid plate from the dealer. It's the GYT-R factory stuff, the fit and quality were exellent. The guards were $50-60 and the skid plate was $90. As far as I have read on this sight, the WR and YZ mufflers are interchangeable with a bolt and/or spacer at the rear mount.

I just finished putting on the frame guards. They are the yz 450 ones and they fit great. I thought I also ordered the radiator cages, and only the braces came. I had to return the braces to Works Connection. I heard that devol racing makes the full cages?

Will the Flatland ones fit? I have a set for my 426 and have not tried to put them on the 450 yet. I have a sneeking suspicion that the Radiators are the same. I hope! ---Mike

I ordered the Devol Frame guards and Radiator guards yesterday. They told me they have a WR and the frame guards fit both. I did not ask them about the Radiator, but I don't think they are interchangeable, because I believe the WR radiators are a little wider (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that?). The radiator guards are delayed about one week though.