HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dean400

Tim Ferry on a 2-stroke?

4 posts in this topic

Dirt Bike magazine stated he was having some carb issues at very bad times,causing several crashes and near misses on jumps.

He's supposed to be back on the Thumper next race.

:):D

I believe that Ferry made the decision to ride the 2 stroke for the rest of the Supercross Series. He will probably revisit the YZF for the outdoor nationals.

Really makes you wonder why. I’m guessing for the average guy “4 strokes” are the way to go, but maybe at their level the two strokes are more comfortable and easier to ride aggressively. Look at Henry, every year he comes out to do his single race, he races the two stroke. I thought after Henry won the national championship on his YZF two strokes would have faded by now, but they keep coming back stronger and stronger

Ferry felt he could do better on a lighter YZ250 on the tight supercross tracks and proved it by going 1 sec a lap faster at the Yamaha test track. But with his poor showing at the race I wonder if he will switch back.