2008 yz 450 will not start

At this point, it would be helpful if you were to post a picture.

hi guys. Finally i got it running. I checked the location of head marks. when i checked them i had the gasket on which threw my exhaust off. I readjusted that one counted pins and yes now 13. The 12 oclock marks now are off a bit. Definately a reference point. Thank all of you who helped me a do appreciate it. You guys are great. Bike fired right up.

question though. How long can you have bike on idle. I had it on for about 10 minutes and noticed radiators getting very hot is that normal. I checked to make sure water pump was spinning when I turned over bike so i know that it is okay. I suppose you cant have it idle to long because it needs air ramming through the radiator; it that normal;;

Yes it is , pipe will glow red and coolant will overflow as well, only need to let warm up a few minutes to get oil warm and flowing before you ride. These thumpers heat up in a hurry with out airflow .

I suppose you cant have it idle to long because it needs air ramming through the radiator; it that normal;;

Thats right! You bike will overheat quickly if you don't have moving air over the rads. I think 10min. is pushing it I wouldn't do that on a normal basis, although I know this wasn't normal. Glad you got the bike runnin too. Those mark are purely refference as you found out the hard way. As long as they are close, the most important thing is you mantain the 13 pins between the two dots. Crazy how one pin gave you all that trouble!:thumbsup:

yea no kidding. Thanks guys.