Michelin Bib Mousse

I've used a solid rubber insert called Tech Tube for the last 8 years. They are Michelins competition. Anyway I ride hard rock desert mostly and it doesn't get and can't get any tougher than what I ride on. And I ride HARD!

Amazing that those inserts haven't shredded years ago but they haven't. And I ride all day, 8 hours or so and then jump on the street and go 65 etc and so on. Give em a go. Can't get a flat.

They add about 7lbs of weight but I go as fast as I am able and would be in trouble any faster. ?:D:D

Wicked, as far as I know you can't even get the Michelin Mousse tubes unless you are a Michelin sponsored rider. Most people that I have talked to don't like the way the Tech Tubes feel because they don't bounce back like a conventional tube does when you hit something, they have more of a dead feel somewhat like a flat. I've even heard they make your bike handle a little funny because of the added weight. I know this sounds quite a bit different from what Mike C says, but thats what I heard when researching them for the Baja 2000. Eric

I think you get used to what you have. I only have the one bike and have nothing to really compare it with. I ride like I stole it and it may technically ride like it's got a flat. If so I'm a damn good rider who deals with that problem.

Hard to explain but it's the rider not the bike.

Right? I'm getting a new bike and putting them in the new one too because I couldn't deal with being in the middle of the desert if I got a flat tire. Maybe the Michelins are better. I don't know. ?