HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACTIONMAN

BREATHER TUBE

6 posts in this topic

WHICH BREATHER TUBE AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED THAT SUCKS IN AIR? ALSO, IS THERE A WAY TO AFFIX A FILTER TO IT THAT WOULD NOT HINDER AIR FLOW?

There's some very in depth answers in history/search. Don't mean to put you off but theres about 2-days of reading there that will answer any possible answer known to man.

SoCal

THANKS SOCAL,

IFOUND OUT A BUNCH AND AM NOW LOOKING AT THE WAY TO "T; IT OFF AND RUN A LINE TO THE AIRBOX, BUT CANT FIGURE OUT EXACTLY THE BEST WAY TO ROUTE IT OR WHERE EXACTLY TO CONNECT IT TO THE AIRBOX. ANY THOUGHTS?

THE HISTORY IS A BUNCH OF PIECE WORK WITHOUT ONE GUY GOING HERES HOW YA DO IT.

THANKS ALOT

There has been several approaches to this problem:

1 - install a PVC valve in the line to ensure high pressure blows out, but a vacuum (as the engine is kicked over) shuts the check valve.

2 - Re-route the head vent. I have mine re-routed up behind the # plate/headlight. I used a (1/2"?) piece of clear, flexible tygon tubing. I stuck in a piece of oiled foam into the tygon to allow some filtering action. The problem w/ this is IF you get water into the hose, it has a gravity fed, clear shot into your engine.

3 - the combination of the first two using a T fitting, w/ the T being at the lowest point. This will allow drainage out of the tube out the PVC valve, while allowing any air the engine needs to be drawn in through the high vent.

4 - if you run the vent into your airbox, definitely use a filter for the end of it. Eric Gorr DOES use this method in his approach to this problem.

I DO have damage to my cylinder from this exact issue.