Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluefam52

TT newbie

7 posts in this topic

First timer here! I just got an 08 WR450 and have to say the thing is an awesome ride. I converted from an 03 XR650L what a pig on single track and tight stuff not to mention in the air. Enough about that this site is full of useful information and the first place I go for any thing with all of the bikes I have in the trailer. I am looking for sag numbers for the WR to start setting the suspension as it launched me this last week, wish someone had a cammera.

Welcome!

Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you already know about the free mods and all that garbage.

95mm-100mm of sag is about right.

Thanks, I'll get the bike out this week end and tweek and play with it. All the free mods will be done before the next ride. Any sugestions on where I can order the AIS kit. I refuse to go to the local dealer in Ventura.

Welcome to the forum. congrats on your wr 450 you will love it. Im sure the guys in the tt store can help you with the ais kit.

Thanks, I'll get the bike out this week end and tweek and play with it. All the free mods will be done before the next ride. Any sugestions on where I can order the AIS kit. I refuse to go to the local dealer in Ventura.

Pull the baffle out of the muffler (the whole thing, not just the riveted in black part)

168 main jet, 48 pilot for starters. You can source a needle and fine tune later. O-ringing the a/p linkage helps throttle response and removing the anti tamper plug and installing an adjustable fuel screw are also good ideas.

Remove snorkle from airbox. Should leave a sizeable hole behind the battery.

Unplug gray wire from the connector behind the left side numberplate.

Remove throttle stop, cut to 23.5mm total length, re-instal.

About the AIS you have two ways to go about it. You can use vaccum plugs to cap the airbox and intake side fittings, then you can fab a block off plate out of 1/4" steel plate for the exhaust port hole. Or you can just JB weld the three ports on the AIS pump and keep all the crap on there.

A mechanically inclined rider could do this all on the cheap. Do a search on here for stuff you may not be familliar with as its been discussed in great detail. Its exponentially easier just to get the GTYR kit.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439173&page=2

1 person likes this

Thanks for all of the information. This site really is the first and last place any one needs to go for info. I'll get this stuff and work on the bike and let you all know how it turned out.