HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drift1

wr400 head

6 posts in this topic

Yup, sure will. The only difference in the heads (other than the 400 has stainless valves and appropriate springs, clips, retainers etc, and the 426 has Ti) is the vacuum port for the hot start octopus on the L/H side of the 400 head just forward of the intake boot. Cap that off or tap it and plug it with a bolt, and you're good to go.

Yup, sure will. The only difference in the heads (other than the 400 has stainless valves and appropriate springs, clips, retainers etc, and the 426 has Ti) is the vacuum port for the hot start octopus on the L/H side of the 400 head just forward of the intake boot. Cap that off or tap it and plug it with a bolt, and you're good to go.

And you'll need the 426 head gasket, not the 400.

not all 400's have that hot start octopus also. My 2000' Last year, has the regular style on the carb.

plus i heard that the 400 heads are better because of the ss. valves dont wear as fast?

not all 400's have that hot start octopus also. My 2000' Last year, has the regular style on the carb.

plus i heard that the 400 heads are better because of the ss. valves dont wear as fast?

True dat!