HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr600r

frame gaurds.......whats the best ?

18 posts in this topic

i need some opinions on the best coverage....best looking frame gaurds for my 450.

Personally, I like works connections.

Carbon fiber guards look great, but not worth the de'nero. IMO

got the yamaha version for mine.. not necessarily the prettiest, but they'll do. They have changed the accessories page recently to show more accurately what is available for the WR. Gone is the skid plate (glide plate is still there) and the plastic frame guards. A handful of new items (alum frame guards for one) are there now as well

Cheers,

Sabooo

My CRDs look very nice. Easy installation. Already polished. Survived to hard rides and few crashes. Don't feel them at all. No complaints....

I have Works Connection 's on my 426, excellent quality, I imagine the 450 ones would be the same good fit and finish. As far as coverage goes, I still use duct tape on the frame rail above the guards, I think the plastic Acerbis , etc guards are better for coverage, just don't look as trick. :)

I came up with this idea of spraying Rhino Lining, like they do in pickup beds. I showed the guy the area where the frame guards would go, said if I masked it off he would spray it for $30.00 Do you guys that have it in your trucks think it would hold up? I think it would look cool in black or grey.

i have seen a few black rino linings in trucks that turn a whiteish gray color over time...so how it would hold up, is a good question

Have had a rhino lining in my truck for 5 years now. Has held up very well and is not grey. :) There is a bit of prep work that would have to be done, along with careful masking. The other thing to consider is that the brand name Rhino lining stuff is rather tacky and might cause a bit of boot wear from rubbing.

But for durability i think it would do just fine.

Cheers,

sabooo

Yamaharichey,

Thats a great idea, My bed has that stuff.(not Rhino, its called something else) It had 5 mos exposier in south florida and still looks great.

I wonder if it would stick to plastic ????

That stuff may look good but does it protect your Brake lines, master cylinder? :) Not Really. If your looking for Looks only, that stuff would work great. Just wait till you scuff up the paint, then hit that surface with sand paper then spray.