2006 WR450F Wiring

Hi All,

Just got myself a 2006 WR450 - I really like this bike.

Have been reading this group and you guys have a lot of good info up here, thanks!

Anyways, the guy I got the bike off had all the registration paraphenalia (indicators, horn etc) taken off. The rules here dictate that I have to have it rego checked to be able to transfer ownership into my name so I’m trying to get it all back together and working. I have downloaded the manual that the FAQ points to (thanks again!) but it does not have anything in the wiring diagram for indicators or this switch assembly.

IMG_5288.jpg

For the most part I can see what needs to go where, but I don’t know what is ‘missing’ from the connector I am holding in the photo. This is coming from the indicator, horn, high/low beam assembly (also in picture) and has Yellow, Green and Black wires. The plug has the same footprint as the Flasher unit that is installed elsewhere (which I am assuming it is in the right place, but could be wrong).

Anyone know what should go here? Is it some relay or such for high/low beam select?

Cheers,

Michael

No one jumped in so I going to take a stab at it, your bikes over there have to comply with the ADR (Australian Design Rules), so you need a ADR schematic and I think I found one. My first thought was the plug in your hand was a dual element bulb socket for a aftermarket kit, but now realize bikes over there come packaged different and after looking at the ADR schematic the wires look the same color for headlight. Sorry, that's all I got. :smirk:

Schematic

Here's another one

This one's the 03/04 schematic

:thinking: Opp's I should have welcomed you to the group!!

Xr650rhonda,

Thanks heaps. That is just what I need. Now if only I wasn't at work I could go play with it - it's fun having a new toy!!