Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaleb

BRP Sub Mount Assembly - Any info?

7 posts in this topic

I am considering the BRP Sub Mount Assembly so I can use a 1 1/8" ProTaper style bar and eventually get the Scotts unit too. Does this thing really work on OEM Triple Clamps? And if so how high does the bar now sit compared to stock. I love the stock setup for my size and have no problem so I am not really looking to change that but if this is an easy way to do it then I might.

I have an '05 WR450.

Thanks guys..any help is appreciated.

I am considering the BRP Sub Mount Assembly so I can use a 1 1/8" ProTaper style bar and eventually get the Scotts unit too. Does this thing really work on OEM Triple Clamps? And if so how high does the bar now sit compared to stock. I love the stock setup for my size and have no problem so I am not really looking to change that but if this is an easy way to do it then I might.

I have an '05 WR450.

Thanks guys..any help is appreciated.

It works great and it raises the stock bar height 1". I got bars that were even higher than stock for a more comfortable ride while standing.

IMG_6044.jpg

does the 05' WR have removable posts / bar clamps though?

Doh. It appears they didn't go to the removable posts until 2006:bonk:

hey Kenshaw... I see you have the windam bars also... How tall are you may i ask...

Im 5'11 and just put on a set of windam ProTapers on my '08 WR450 in a bid to make it more comfortable standing up with out feeling like im going to go flying over the bars.

I like how you have replaced the original mounts, looks 100% better than just putting on raisers on the OEM mounts...

Havent ridden with the new bars yet, but i think if i need to go higher again, another inch ontop of what i have now maybe too much... Just looking for your thoughts...

Sorry to the original poster for the slight highjack...

hey Kenshaw... I see you have the windam bars also... How tall are you may i ask...

Im 5'11 and just put on a set of windam ProTapers on my '08 WR450 in a bid to make it more comfortable standing up with out feeling like im going to go flying over the bars.

I like how you have replaced the original mounts, looks 100% better than just putting on raisers on the OEM mounts...

Havent ridden with the new bars yet, but i think if i need to go higher again, another inch ontop of what i have now maybe too much... Just looking for your thoughts...

Sorry to the original poster for the slight highjack...

I too am 5/10 - 5/11. The BRP risers are in conjuction with the scotts steering damper I put on. It is real comfortable while standing which is the position I am in 80% of the time. I think the total rise is about 1 7/8":thumbsup:

Doh. It appears they didn't go to the removable posts until 2006:bonk:

It could be the BRP still makes a kit though that bolts into the existing bar clamps... It's worth checking.

I am very happy with my BRP sub mount kit:thumbsup: