Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zoezie

2007 wr450f gear shift

4 posts in this topic

WR450F (2007)

Gear shift lever is rubbing against casing. I can not remenber dropping the bike on this side to cause the lever to bend.

How far from thr case should the lever be?

Thanks in advance

Mine was rubbing a bit from new, but there is a fair bit of room on the gear spline to move it out a little.

Play with it a bit after you've moved it out a bit, cuz even when i thought mine was out far enough, there is still a little bit of flex in the lever and it can bend in a little as you're coming up with your foot and still scratch the cover.

Personal preference really as to where you want the leaver, just try a leave part of the spine sticking through the lever clamp, just to be safe.

Cheers :busted:

Mine was rubbing a bit from new, but there is a fair bit of room on the gear spline to move it out a little.

Play with it a bit after you've moved it out a bit, cuz even when i thought mine was out far enough, there is still a little bit of flex in the lever and it can bend in a little as you're coming up with your foot and still scratch the cover.

Personal preference really as to where you want the leaver, just try a leave part of the spine sticking through the lever clamp, just to be safe.

Cheers :busted:

Thanks for your advice, I shall give it a go.

Just had the same thing happen and the lever was hard to use and kept digging into the casing..

I just went to the shop and looked at the new bikes, just under 1cm from the casing. I just put mine in a vice and bent it back slightly using a pole for leverage.