just got new 2008 wr450

the biggest one is the throttle stop , i don't even know if the new bikes had the grey wire . the exhaust tip makes a lot more noise but does free it up a bit . jetting for altitude is a good idea but not entirely necessary as long as your not extreme .

personally i have done all those to my wr and a accelerator pump cover .

yes I need help I just bought a new wr450 and I could not even go up sand dam over at superstishion. Ive notice that my throtle does not go all the way and it has a stopper. what should I do to my bike to get the full power that im looking for.

it is fitting that your screen name is fullthrotle. because that is what you need.

yamaha sells an "AIS removal kit". you can even pay the dealer to perform the modification. if you buy the kit it will have instructions on how to perform what thumpertalkers call the "free mods".

free mods:

1. replace the throttle stop with a YZ lenght throttle stop(if you cut yours then its free).

2. remove the air box silencer

3. remove the cork from the tail pipe

4. disconnect the grey wire

the bike is a lot more 450ish after thease simple changes. and they are free. you'll need the money to buy rear tires :busted: . the stock 756 will be bald before you know it. (Maxxis IT is a good compromise)

its a good idea to jet the carb for your location, the stock jetting is not bad for high altitude. and add a fuel screw while you are at it. throw on a full after market exhaust or YZ exhuast if you want the full effect.

also, if you live in california.... you might not want to actually remove the AIS. the AIS is ugly and in the way, but doesn't hurt performance.