yz400 engine in 06 yz250f ??

Has anyone tried this swap yet? Seen the 06 rolling chassis for sale in the classifieds. I found a 98 yz400f for $750 dollars in my area. Wondering if it was possible??? :busted:

I think on the earlier 4xx 98-05 engine the cylinder was angled more toward the front of the bike and the '06-09 were more upright. The '06-09 engine has the oil sump contained in the motor and the earlier models hold the oil in the steel frame so you would have to construct an external oil tank similar to the '06-09 YZ250F's setup.

Couple things to think about...

I just reread your thread 06 YZ250F frame...hmm.. I was thinking 450 frame...I think either way it would be more trouble then it's worth

Has anyone tried this swap yet? Seen the 06 rolling chassis for sale in the classifieds. I found a 98 yz400f for $750 dollars in my area. Wondering if it was possible??? :moon:

I saw that for sale too. Looks like a good deal. Anything is possible if you are crafty enough. The guys at Service Honda could wedge a CR500 motor in that chassis I'm sure. :busted:

If you do the swap, be sure to take lots of pictures and let us know how it turns out.