2006 WR, blue frame paint

Does Yamaha sell touch-up paint for the frames? Boot rub marks are bad on mine.

PJ1 makes a frame paint fro the Yamaha but it's a two part application, you need to put a clear coat on top of it if you want it to last more than 10 seconds... it's not really touch up either you need to remove as much hardware as possible and mask everything off depending on how much of the frame you want to spray:ride:

I bought a can of touchup paint from a yamaha dealer but it was very expensive but a perfect match

My 04' with the PJ1 paint ... I think the cost was $12 US, my parts guy at the dealer ordered it from me but I think you can get it here on TT...

S5030343.jpg

My 04' with the PJ1 paint ... I think the cost was $12 US, my parts guy at the dealer ordered it from me but I think you can get it here on TT...

Did you order it awhile ago, because I have had no luck finding the Pj1 17-yb8 color from any dealer or web site.

Never mind I found some.

Can you put me in contact where you got the yamaha blue 17-yb8 PJ1 paint. Cannot find any in Texas!

Can you put me in contact where you got the yamaha blue 17-yb8 PJ1 paint. Cannot find any in Texas!

I found a dealer that ordered it for me, just to call me back in a few hours to tell me that they can't get it. I called Pj1 customer support and I was told that they quit making that paint a year ago because of lack of demand; bike frames seem to be going to aluminum. she told me there could be some cans still out there, but no new ones being made.

Had the same luck. Was just trying to see if there is a shop which had some on hand. I know we can get a match from color rite, but at $33 bucks a can, I may just try to find a paint store that has some lacquer and try and match it. Good Luck and happy new year!

I found some paint in the hobby store that matches the stock frame paint. It's called Model Master Custom Spray Enamel. The color is Deep Pearlescent Purple number 2947. It comes in a 3 oz. spray can. It worked on my 03 fame.

I found some paint in the hobby store that matches the stock frame paint. It's called Model Master Custom Spray Enamel. The color is Deep Pearlescent Purple number 2947. It comes in a 3 oz. spray can. It worked on my 03 fame.

Incredible, I ordered a can, Thank you. I will shoot you some positive feedback gas. :busted: