HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmaricle

new bike

11 posts in this topic

first off hello to all im new here and just wanter to intro myself my name is dylan i am 22 and i have been riding for about 17 years.

ok i just sold my 05 kx250f and planned on going a bit without a bike well that did not last i found a 98 yz400f for 700 bucks all it needs is new tires it runs like a champ. my question is, is this a good price for this bike and is this a reliable bike? thanks all.

I have a 98 YZ400f which I use for desert riding. Great bike, very reliable. Just make sure you give it regular tlc and it will serve you well.

you got a pretty good deal i would say. these bikes will run forever. hows it compare to your 250f? im not sure about the fender thing. i would do a search on here, im sure its been covered

I believe a 426 fender will fit OK but am not sure about a 450 fender. If you cannot find an answer in the posts, go to the TT shop and look up the plastics section. You will see from the catalogues which fenders fit which models.

well my first actuall big day to really ride it will be tomorrow so i will know the power difference then. and i found a crf front fender today and it bolted on fairly easily and tonight we put new tires all the way around. hope it runs good tomorrow.

well i got a nice ride in and the power difference is major i love the 400. it ran great but the master link broke at the end of the day.

Glad you like your 400. The only problem I had with mine was that I toasted the CDI somehow... Not the cheapest fix. Other than that PERFECT! I believe all yzf fenders fit.

Glad you like your 400. The only problem I had with mine was that I toasted the CDI somehow... Not the cheapest fix. Other than that PERFECT! I believe all yzf fenders fit.

i hope that dont happen, but so far so good. it will be back going tomorrow i am getting a new master link after work

I think the front fender will fit from all years

Good bike as long as the oil was changed

Welcome back

thanks yea the oil and filter looked great. it runs awesome i did crash it on friday i was out with a group if riders and we were headed down a dirtroad and everyone pulled over to the edge and i was riding a wheelie coming up to them and i was in like 4th when all of a sudden a bike pulled out in front of me. i had to lay it down to keep from killin him. the bike and i are fine thank god for gear. my gear caught hell and so did my elbow and hip but it could of been way way worse.