HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dustdogg

Honda brake clips?

3 posts in this topic

After 6 years of trusty service I decided to install a new chain, sprockets and front brake pads on my WR 426. Well I noticed that when I took out the old pads the clip that goes under the pad to keep tension on it showed signs of wear. Of course I wasn't going to reuse the damaged clip so I figured I would pick up a new one from the dealer on my lunch hour. When I asked the guy at the counter for the clip he checked the computer and told me they did not have it in stock and I might need to look into a caliper rebuild kit. I said no I do not need the kit just the clip. My next question was do you sell it seperately? Answer: Yes but I have to order it. Not the answer I wanted since I plan on leaving for the desert next Tuesday. So I told him that most of the Japenese bikes use the same calipers and pads so why not cross it over? Luckily my dealer sells Yamaha /Honda/Kawasaki & Suzuki. I had him check on an 02' or 03' Honda CRF 450 and sure enough they are identicle. The only downside is that this 2 cent part would be sold to me for only $11.99:foul: I figured it's not worth the effort to find it cheaper and I reluctantly paid and went back to work. Here are a couple pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

SDC10030.jpg

SDC10031.jpg

Just thought I would remind some of you that are in a bind that sometimes when it comes to brake parts you may get lucky and find the right part even if it is a Honda:p

I did the same thing for my 07. I got the clip from an 06 crf. Mine had been crunched by a rock or something ?

Only cost me $2.00 though :busted:

I bought 4 just to have on stock in the future.